Tips on setting the perfect table
I love watching the look on guest’s faces as they walk into a room that is perfectly dressed for dinner – the “Oohs”, the “Aaahs”, and even gasps, as they take it all in. The perfect complement is when they take to their seats and they marvel at the detail that has gone into putting together the perfect table setting.
Here are a few key tips to give your tables that wow factor:
1. Create a visual impression with varying colours and textures – use a palette of colours which complement each other, or try different shades of one colour.
2. Use crockery, glassware and cutlery which to give your place setting an edge. I love Couvert Hire – they have some great options!
3. Ensure your stationery fits in perfectly with the design and colour scheme – from place cards to menus, and even your table numbers.
4. Add the element of romance with candlelight by using votive candles and candlesticks in varying heights.
5. Create a mock-up of your table in situ, this way you can get a feel for what your guests will experience.
Remember that you want your guests to be impressed, but also to be comfortable, to enjoy conversations and the meal.